Friday, July 9, 2010

Seventh Day (a productive one!)

When I came to the station my friend assigned earlier than me was there...monitoring. Then I continued the monitoring. We have additional work for today. Our station manager Sir Eric P., asked us to add people on JAM's account online. He gave us quota for today and we were shocked when he said that we need to have atleast one thousand (though we know he was just kidding). Me and my friend switched work every now and then. While I was monitoring, she's infront of the computer doing our additional work, then vice versa. We've also learned alot this day! Sir Allen who's in the production department taught us stuffs about production like how radio differs from television, and how he edit commercials. He discussed about old school editing (how long it takes for them to edit before) and the digital editing which he's using now and how much the sound effects they use cost...he also explained to us intellectual property rights and stuffs like plagarism.We've learned about sales matters, like how much a company pay for a radio commercial and many many more. We also stayed in the Djs booth, and Dj Scotty explain to us how he operates the gadgets infront of him. Which from those buttons will he press to turn on his mic and to play music...and others. I really love this day!!! I've learned so many things from the experts.

No comments:

Post a Comment